This creating was in honour of Harrison's new job. He's now the general manager of a new health club (relatively) near us and they had a promotional open weekend and I supplied the cake.
This isn't my usual type of cooking, in fact it frustrated me beyond belief trying to adapt a normal cake batter recipe to make it sugar/flour/egg yolk free and massively high in protein. But I managed it and its been requested by staff in cupcake form for office snacks.
• 1 can of aduki (or black) unsalted
• 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites OR whites of 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup of chocolate whey protein
• 1 pot (300g) of low-fat cottage
• 1/2 cup of raw cocoa powder
• 3/8 cup of organic honey
• 3 tbsp of coconut flour
• 1 tsp of baking powder
- boil black beans for 5 minutes (or until soft) and drain.
- blend cooked beans, cottage cheese, egg whites and honey together until they form a smooth paste.
- pour mixture into a large bowl.
- fold in baking powder, flour, cocoa powder and protein powder until everything is properly combined.
-stir in a fresh blueberries
- pour into a greased tin and bake at 170 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
For the frosting (optional) :
- 2 tbs peanut butter,
- 4 tbs almond milk and
- 1tbs icing sugar